“He who knows others is learned;
He who knows himself is wise.”
You could be different from the rest of the world and still be fabulous.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made, you are incredible and you were made by God to love and be loved. The first step into talking about love and how to make it work is exploring and discovering yourself because getting to know yourself allows you to tap into the well of happiness that is beyond your imagination. It is a deeper, harder and slower process and you must be ready to face it.
If you don’t know yourself (your values, your beliefs, your personality, your priorities, your mood, your habit, your magnificent body and your relationship), like yourself and be yourself, love will either fail to function normally or fail to work at all and that will hurt really badly. You cannot give what you don’t have and that is the more reason you have to invest your time and energy into knowing yourself in order for people around you to know you. Knowing who you are, is HUGE and the greatest discovery of all.
Knowing yourself is a conscious effort; you do it with intentions and purpose.
If you are just starting a relationship or you are into one already and it’s not working and you are either planning to quit or manage it, the first step is to get to know yourself including the good, the bad and the ugly, the negotiable and the nonnegotiable, the things you are willing to work with, what you can’t stand and the things you can live without.
It has been discovered that humans don’t handle faults and offenses well reason is that they tend to judge themselves even when their partners hadn’t noticed their mistakes but the good news is God who made you knows everything and he looks at your heart even when men judges the surface.
Low self esteem, feeling undeserving (inability to accept love when extended to you), Non-Assertiveness, insecurity et all are signs that you don’t like yourself.
– What irritates you in people may be what you don’t like in yourself.
– What you judge in someone you are actually judging in yourself. Therefore what you notice and what irritates you in others can teach you important things about yourself. Things you may not be aware of. In a way people can be a mirror for you. Take a good look at yourself and answer these questions;
– Are you comfortable in the skin you are in?
– Do you follow the crowd to fit it by making yourself uncomfortable?
– Are you true to yourself and your spirit when you are around others?
– Are you authentic, original or a cheap copy of someone else?
– Are you trying to impress a potential love interest???
…….you could be different from the rest of the world and still be fabulous.
Posted by: Funke Oguntuga