No one is born romantic. But like most things in life, being romantic is something that can be learned. Although romantic gestures may seem like they come easily to some people that is only because they’ve had lots of practice and because they are in tune with what motivates the opposite sex. Because that’s all that is
involved. Being romantic involves finding out what your partner wants (not what they need!), and then finding a unique way to meet those wants.
Pretty simple, huh?
Let’s get one thing cleared up first. Being romantic isn’t about some grand extravagant gesture like flying first class to Paris for a 2 week romantic blitz. It’s about the little things. Little things are simple things that you do for your loved one.
Despite the fact that they are “little” they can mean a lot because it illustrates that you took time out of your busy life just to show them how much you care.One thing that most people want, male and female, is to feel special and loved. It’s how you show them that you love them, where the challenge comes in.
- Some people feel loved when they are told repeatedly that they are loved.
- Others feel loved when they are touched frequently.
- And others see love in gestures and everyday kindnesses. Of course,
- There are others that may need all three of the above to really feel loved and secure but usually there is one need that dominates.
You need to find out what your partner needs and then you can begin working out what method you will use to romance them. Not sure what your loved one prefers? Do an experiment or three and see how they respond? You’ll very quickly work it out.
What can you do if your loved one wants to hear how much you love them? You need to tell them. But don’t just tell them and have it coming off like some kind of rote response to hello or goodbye or please pass the pepper. Think about different ways you can get your message across.
- Post them a good old fashioned love letter
- Send a romantic email
- Text them a love message
- Place a love note somewhere it will be found easily, in their car or lunch bag or under their pillow or taped to the phone receiver or their computer
- Give your loved one a compliment, about how great they look or what their smile does to you.
If they like all of the above then you can really go wild and mix it all up together. The only limit is your own imagination and the desire to make it happen.