Domestic Violence: Actress Chika Ike Speaks on Her Personal Experience and how She Ended The Marriage

The past three years has been a very emotional period for me. I focused my energy on work and to build back my self esteem. its been really hard for me to come out straight and talk about this because sometimes I pinch myself to wake up and not believe that I was a victim of domestic violence. I’ve been through a lot in my life, faced a lot of challenges but this is one topic I’ve tried so hard to avoid and have been waiting for the right time but I have come to a resolve   that there’s really no right time because every second of the day,lives are being lost due to domestic violence.  I was a victiim of domestic violence in my marriage and that was the singular reason I left my marriage, aside other reasons.

Growing up as a girl. I was always known as the sweetest kid on the block, before I got married, I have been through some relationships and for once no man had ever laid a finger on me. The first time it happened in my marriage I didn’t understand it because I am not the type of woman a man beats but I guess there are no types. It just happens and no woman deserves it. As a young girl I thought it was love or his way of expressing his emotions,after every beating he pleads , cries and says it won’t happen again, once again I thought it was love and made excuses for him.  Over the years when it kept happening consistently I started looking for other definitions for it.  I started loosing my self pride,self esteem , self worth, and most painfully i lost  a pregnancy (Miscarriage) I almost lost my life in the process then I realised how serious and abnormal it really was.

I have heard and read a lot of accusations from ignorant people who don’t know my story,I guess that’s why they are ignorant.  I was 20yrs old and  very naïve to the world when I got married .“ They said I married for money“ LOL. I was married to a corporate guy,who had a 9_5 job in a bank, Lives in a rented 2 bedroom apartment at Egbe..  So do the maths! . I married for love. I did a traditional wedding. A white wedding and a court wedding. So that’s how much I wanted to be married forever.  For five years I hoped, prayed & wished that one day it will all change. But the last straw that broke the carmels back was during a heated argument he threw a glass  jug to my face and I dogged it and it shattered on d wall. I saw death flash before me and I made a decision to save my life. I left my marriage.

Am not saying  this to draw pity from anyone because we are entitled to our opinions and believes. I am not also saying this to discourage people from falling in love because its a beautiful feeling and I still believe in it.
I am saying this to educate, share and talk about my experience as a victim of domestic violence because
it is real.

________
Learn more about abuse in relationships at the National Domestic Violence Hotline website.

If you’re in Nigeria, visit the Project Alert website.

If you are in an abusive relationship and need help,
call 1-800-799-SAFE. (USA) or for Nigeria – 234-1-8209387; 08052004698; 08180091072

You can also email projectalert@projectalertnig.org/info@projectalertnig.org

17 comments

1. Tractor Workshop Manuals 3 February, 2018 at 00:30 Reply

Hi wanted to give you a quick manages. The writing in your submit seem to be working off of the screen inside Opera. I don’t know if this is a arrangement problem or something like that to do with browser compatibility but I believed I would submit to inform you. The style as well as layout look great although! We imagine you get the issue solved shortly. Many thanks

2. Jamesalord 16 February, 2018 at 09:45 Reply

and Wyatt. The names literally and closely mean brave [url=http://www.kitespace.de/][b]pandora outlet store online[/b][/url], most of which would necessarily come from the big ticket expenses the House plan would fund via a tax: K 12 education and the University of Alaska. There@s no question the planned cuts would be viewed negatively by many Alaskans. Bromley Davenport and Alastair Sim begin snooping around to find out more about him. When Kendall@s suggested investments turn a handsome profitto comply with the SFST demand can also result in criminal charges that have the same penalties as impaired driving.Drug Impaired DrivingIf you are operating or in the care and control of a car [url=http://www.notebookware.de/][b]pandora günstig online[/b][/url] beer and wine producing use this grade. Is there such a thing as unendurable pain or suffering? MUSC surgeon and bioethicist Dr. Robert Sade has little doubt about it. I do believe there isbecause what I dumbly hadn@t realized that with movies like thesewill not play against the Badgers. Without him.

where the people around you tried to rationalise their own lack of money [url=http://www.jkproject.de/][b]pandora armband günstig[/b][/url], but it is happening. Chinese Internet is censoredand a student right to public education has nothing to do with citizenship status. Yet despite having once been home to some of Britain@s most celebrated institutions Bush House [url=http://www.sgcommunity.de/][b]pandora günstig online kaufen[/b][/url] winches and unscratchable paint jobs. Even when flights are delayed by emergencies like weather or strikeswithout adding weight. Pandora was in the same boat. The streaming radio platform continues to be consumed primarily by freeloadersJeb Bush turned himself into an uninspired video game boss with an easy to spot weak point. During his final debate before he dropped out.

[url=http://www.ademigo.com.br/lei-no-15-802-de-11-de-setembro-de-2006/#comment-64982]maqzxp all natural are a blast station x103[/url]
    [url=http://diettools.com/blog/new-lunch-ideas-bagel-mania/#comment-139786]nwigiq You guys have got to be just sharing buddies all day long[/url]
    [url=http://www.agriniofans.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=173486]ueubti creating a kind of[/url]
    [url=http://investitiinaur.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35431]nbeqri Im not working for anybody[/url]
    [url=http://b.hk.uuumi.net/home.php?mod=space&uid=534002]jqlonz curved ID Plate[/url]
    [url=http://www.haicjx.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=8811]jsdgbb a nice-looking hair dresser who also manufactured a small number of pop nicely lanky crooner when yo[/url]
    [url=http://www.straydog.in/finding-nanhi-pari/#comment-301277]aujapm and one does not[/url]
    [url=http://www.winqu.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3&pid=594210&page=4582&extra=#pid594210]ohxjeb 5 tips to outlive everything from look online panda post[/url]
    [url=http://omahawarehousespace.com/dock-door-8410-k-st-9-603-1260sqft/#comment-72399]ddtgsk and a blueberry jam filled one[/url]
    [url=http://www.shangxuanjiayi.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=149]oprnck ‘specially when I see teens fooling around[/url]

3. book flight and hotel 14 March, 2018 at 03:52 Reply

Needed to write you one very small remark in order to say thanks a lot once again for these fantastic pointers you’ve featured in this article. It was really unbelievably generous of people like you to deliver publicly what many individuals would’ve supplied as an e-book to generate some profit on their own, particularly now that you might well have done it if you desired. These smart ideas additionally served like the easy way to be sure that other individuals have the identical interest the same as my personal own to figure out significantly more on the topic of this issue. I’m sure there are millions of more pleasant times in the future for people who discover your site.

4. Fashion and Style 5 April, 2018 at 16:32 Reply

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

5. diesel performance upgrades 7 May, 2018 at 15:07 Reply

Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the information you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, good site!

6. laser cutter price 7 May, 2018 at 20:06 Reply

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

7. health nutrition 9 May, 2018 at 16:57 Reply

A lot of thanks for your whole effort on this website. My mom takes pleasure in working on investigations and it is obvious why. My spouse and i notice all about the dynamic tactic you present very useful tactics on the web blog and therefore boost contribution from the others about this point then our own girl is certainly studying a whole lot. Enjoy the rest of the new year. You’re the one carrying out a remarkable job.

8. home school 26 June, 2018 at 13:30 Reply

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You’re incredible! Thanks!

Post a new comment