The warning signs that you may be in an abusive relationship are:
- Jealousy or possessiveness.Tries to exert control by being bossy or demanding.Makes decisions without consulting a partner. In such a case the submissive partner is expected to obey without question and has no say in the matter.
- Isolating the person from friends and family.
- Public humiliation, name calling and insults.
- Criticism about actions, size and appearance, and abilities.
- Violent or loses his or her temper quickly.
- Threats and intimidation.
- Physical abuse which may include hitting, choking, kicking, throwing things or any unwanted physical contact, especially that which harms you.
- Sexual pressures and demands for sexual activities that the person is not comfortable with.
- Holding the submissive partner responsible for his or her emotional state.
- Placing the blames for mistreating the person.
- Worry about the reaction by the abuser to the things said.
- Leaving and then returning to the abusive partner repeatedly, against the advice of your friends, family and loved ones.
- Trouble ending the relationship.
- Use the children for control for example, threatening to take them if the relationship ends.
These are signs you are in an abusive relationship. please take note and take caution.