With so many women building their lives around a marriage proposal they’ve yet to receive, you’d think we’d be up on the signs of whether or not a relationship is actually going anywhere. However, it’s pretty much the norm now for the majority of men to send mixed signals in relationships – or no signals at all – making it hard for women to know whether or not they’ve got any chance of walking down the aisle in a particular relationship. Sometimes we’re oblivious to signs that things aren’t going any further, but it can occasionally be legitimately difficult to know where you stand. If you find yourself in this position, here are a few signs he’s never going to propose, so you should probably move on before it becomes even more painful and you waste even more time.
1. He’s never mentioned taking things further. Men talk about what they want to talk about and know just how to avoid topics they’re not interested in. If you’ve been with a guy for at least two years and he’s never mentioned marriage or even moving in together, there’s an issue. If a man is truly into you as a woman and wants to build a future with you, he’ll make those intentions clear on his own without you forcing him into the subject.
2. He never includes you in his life plans. Most women are very analytical and detailed, therefore we look for subtle signs in pretty much everything. When you’ve been with a guy for a while, you can generally figure out how he communicates and what his general vibe is. If he starts talking about the future but is always using the word “I” rather than “us” or “we”, you’re likely not included in those life plans, and there’s nothing subtle about that.
3. He rarely invites you around his family. A man who plans on staying with you and is into the relationship will love introducing you to his entire world – his friends, his family, and may be even his co-workers or employees if you date the boss type. If you’re excluded from intimate affairs with the people closest to him, there’s a very strong chance that he has not mentally added you to his big picture. This is even more of an indicator that a man has no plans to marry you if you’ve introduced him to your family, your friends, and maybe even your co-workers, but he has yet to do the same. Time is another big factor; after dating for a year, a woman should know most of the people in a guy’s life.
4. He doesn’t make you feel like a unique and special addition to his life. If a guy values you and wants you in his life, he’ll let you know by both his words and actions. Men may not be very vocal about expressing his feelings, but they should be evident in the little things he does. If he’s not planning on eventually popping the question, he’ll be nice to you and he’ll respect you, but he’ll fail to make you feel unique or like you’re really adding anything to his life at all.
5. He constantly talks about how much he hates marriage. We’ve all been hurt and we’ve all been through heartbreaks and bad relationships. It takes time, but we all heal. A mature man, hurts, heals, and then grows from those moments and becomes better for the next woman. But if your guy has recovered from his past but still speaks of marriage in a negative way, claiming that it doesn’t last or it’s not worth it, he’s trying to deter you from the thought because he has no plans in marrying you – not any time soon, anyway.
6. He gets irritated at any talk of the future. Does he get pissed off when you mention marriage and make it seem like you’re doing something wrong by bringing it up? This is the oldest trick in the book, actually, but for some reason, men still use to to keep from discussing marriage and possibly exposing their true feelings about it. Women tend to want to avoid a fight and end up deciding not to talk about it at all to keep the peace. Doesn’t seem like a very good sign, does it?